Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Aya Hasebe - My First PVC ^^''



Last month, my friend gave me a $25 dollar Visa gift card for my birthday. I felt it would be awkward for me to walk in a store and purchase an item with it, so I decided to spend the money online. In other words- a figure.

I surfed various online stores for a cheap but OK quality figure. Shipping adds quite a bit to the overall cost, so I ended up looking for something in the $15-20 price range. ^^''



I came across this figure of Aya Hasebe by Kotobukiya on Big Bad Toy Store, which was having a clearance sale. Although I was unsure of the quality of Aya, I decided to buy her after acknowledging my budget.



I think her hair is a bit odd, but then I'm not familiar with her original appearance in Comic Party, the (series?) she's from.



I do the love her dress though. The details are fabulous.







That line on her left leg is a too obvious. It's one of the few irks of this figure.





Again, I just love her dress. It looks semi-transparent here. ^^





Tried some natural lighting here. Which lighting looks better? I'm guessing the natural lighting does, although I'm usually not home early enough to catch it.

Sorry about the math textbook by the way. I was in the middle of homework and listening to US election news (the figure arrived on November 4th) when I said screw it and decided to open my new figurine box instead.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, the dress looks great but the hair looks rather poorly sculpted. Still, its a nice figure for the price range.

    And yeah, natural lightings the way to go ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice figure!!!
    Nice job on the shoot too...your first shoot too!!!
    I say get 2 to 3 desk lamps...it should help. Go to Super rats site and he got a tutorial about this stuff...his site is Happysoda...

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely figurine :)

    grats for getting first pvc, if there's first there will be 2nd, 3rd.. 100th :p

    the natural lighting is better :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, thanks for dropping by my place. And congrats on getting your first PVC. You mentioned that the lines of her legs are too obvious. I guess the sculptor wanted to present a thin silk-like dress which shows her curves more than other fabrics. Just my humble opinion here, :).

    ReplyDelete